William J. Hocking-Post 91-Wharton-NJ

Correcting Military Service Records


The National Archives and Records Administration only stores Military Service Records – we cannot make changes or corrections to these records or to your discharge status.

You will need to apply to the review board for your respective service branch for corrections or changes. Instructions on what to submit for each are listed below.

(DO NOT submit these forms to the National Archives. Be sure to use the appropriate address for your service branch as listed on the back of the form.)


Service Review Boards:

Air Force: Contact the Air Force Review Boards Agency.

Army: Contact the Army Review Board Agency (ARBA). The Army now accepts online applications for changes using theACTSOnline system.

Coast Guard: Contact the Board for Correction of Military Records of the Coast Guard

Navy and Marine Corps: